Try this delicious and healthy banana and carrot cake recipe. It is wheat, sugar and dairy free, so great for digestive health, detoxing or just as a healthy snack!
- 1 1/2 cups rye or spelt flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup macadamia, coconut or rice bran oil
- 1/2 cup xylitol or honey
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (around 3 large bananas)
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup grated carrot (around 3 medium carrots)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine banana, oil, xylitol/honey and eggs, beating together well.
- Add liquid mix to flour mix and combine well.
- Stir in oats, walnuts and oats. Combine well.
- Spread into a greased cake tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until you can stick a skewer in the middle and it comes out clean.