- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/2 cup white spelt flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup rice bran or macadamia oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup organic plain yoghurt
- 3 small, or 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius, and grease or line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, place all dry ingredients – flour, oats, baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, yoghurt and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon into greased muffin pan, top with rolled oats if desired.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Take out of oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.