https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Articles-Easy-Springtime-Detox-21.jpg 156 156 Katherine Maslen https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png Katherine Maslen2013-09-18 02:06:222017-05-11 03:43:26Katherine’s Bliss Balls
These Bliss Balls are a great treat, satisfying the sweet tooth without any added sugar! they are also packed with protein, low GI and taste great of course!
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup amaranth
- 2 tbsp unhulled tahini
- 1 tsp chlorella or spirulina powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Coconut or sesame seeds, for rolling
- In a small bowl, place dried fruit and enough hot water just to cover. Soak for at least 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, place macadamia nuts ans sunflower seeds. Process until fine,with a crumb like consistency. Remove from processor and set aside.
- Place the soaked dried fruit in the food processor, but keep the water aside, adding just a few drops. Process into a paste.
- Add the tahini, chlorella and chia seeds and process until combined.
- Add amaranth and crushed nuts and seeds into the food processor. On the lowest speed, mix until combined. If the mix is too dry add a little of the fruit water. if it looks too wet add some more amaranth.
- Once combined remove blades from processor.
- Place dessicated coconut or sesame seeds in a small bowl. Using your hands, roll a small amount of the mix between your palms into a ball. Coat with coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.