https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipes-Trout-Avocado1.jpg 112 172 Katherine Maslen https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/logo-3.png Katherine Maslen2013-09-18 06:54:152017-05-11 09:06:34Smoked Trout, Avocado and Snowpea Salad
- 2 smoked trout (about 800g)
- 300g trimmed snow peas
- three small Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1 peeled, seeded and thinly sliced avocado
- salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise (sugar free and preferably homemade)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 peeled and quartered hard-boiled eggs
- Remove skin and bones from 2 smoked trout (about 800g) and flake flesh into medium-sized pieces.
- Blanch 300g trimmed snow peas in boiling lightly salted water for 20 seconds, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain well and spread on paper towel to dry.
- Thinly slice three small Lebanese cucumbers length ways and place in a large bowl with one finely sliced stick of celery. Add leaves from 2 baby cos lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces.
- Add trout and snow peas to cucumbers and 1 peeled, seeded and thinly sliced avocado.
- Season with salt flakes and cracked black pepper and toss gently with 3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise.
- Divide salad among 4 serving plates and top with 4 peeled and quartered hard-boiled eggs.
- Scatter with 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves and serve with lime cheeks.