https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png 0 0 Katherine Maslen https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png Katherine Maslen2013-09-18 06:05:572017-05-11 09:02:01Lamb Koftas With Chickpea Mash
This meal is very high in protein so is beneficial for weight loss. Adding some other steamed vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts and beans can help to make this a complete meal.
- 250g lean lamb mince (preferably organic)
- I onion, finely chopped
- I tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 50ml rice, oat or Bonsoy milk
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
- Put the lamb, onions, herbs, spices, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until thoroughly combined. If you do not have a food processor, chop ingredients as finely as you can and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions, and using wet hands shape each portion into a sausage shape around a wooden skewer (you must soak wooden skewers in water for at least 2 hours prior to use to prevent burning). Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a griddling pan or barbecue (or heavy based saucepan) and brush with a little oil. Cook the skewers, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- For the chickpea mash, heat the oil in saucepan and gently fry garlic for 2 minutes. Add the chickpeas and milk and heat through for a few minutes. Transfer into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper and stir through fresh coriander.
- Serve the koftas with mash and steamed green veggies on the side.