High Protein Muffins These muffins are a great snack, being high in protein and free of sugar and wheat. Wholegrain spelt flour is much higher in protein than wheat which helps to increase the protein content of these muffins. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups wholegrain spelt flour
- 1/4 cup plain protein powder (pea or rice protein works well)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup rice bran or macadamia oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup organic plain yoghurt
- 3 small, or 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius, and grease or line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, place all dry ingredients – flour, protein powder, oats, baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, yoghurt and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon into greased muffin pan, top with rolled oats if desired.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Take out of oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.