https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png 0 0 Katherine Maslen https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png Katherine Maslen2013-09-18 08:17:592017-05-11 06:19:15Cacao and Banana Smoothie
This smoothie makes a great breakfast or snack, and takes minutes to prepare. It works best if you peel and freeze the banana, to give it a thicker consistency.
- 1/4 cup Nuts (cashews, walnuts, almonds, etc.) 1 tbsp Lecithin granules (optional, not a raw ingredient)
- 1 rounded tbsp ground raw Cacao Nibs (grind in coffee grinder)
- 1 tbsp ground raw Cacao Powder 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Water as needed
- 2 large peeled & frozen Bananas, sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup additional Cold Water or as needed for consistency.
- Grind nuts to a powder in blender
- Add lecithin (if using)
- Add cacao nibs and powder.
- Add enough water to cover blades of blender and blend until smooth.
- Add frozen banana slices and just enough water to blend.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape into a tall glass and drink immediately.