https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/logo-3.png 0 0 Katherine Maslen https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/logo-3.png Katherine Maslen2013-09-18 07:15:382017-05-11 08:54:10Warm Sweet Potato and Asparagus Salad
Warm salads are a great tasting alternative to your traditional cold raw salads, and there are many ways to have them. Try using cooked potato, parsnip, pumpkin, beans and broccoli.
- 1 small sweet potato, diced into small cubes
- 3 asparagus spears, chopped in pieces
- ¼ red onion, diced finely
- ½ handful baby spinach
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp pepitas or sunflower seeds
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp probiotic yoghurt (Jalna)
- ½ tbsp stone ground tahini
- squeeze of lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Steam sweet potato until softening, then add asparagus and cook for another minute.
- Place the onion, spinach, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the hot vegetables and stir gently. Add the premixed dressing and pepitas and stir through gently.
- Serve immediately.