https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Naturopath-Brisbane_Oat-Honey-and-Banana-Muffin.png 1080 1080 Katherine Maslen https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/logo-3.png Katherine Maslen2013-09-18 08:32:182021-03-23 14:39:11Oat, Honey & Banana Muffins
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt or rye flour
- 1/2 cup white spelt flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup rice bran or macadamia oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup organic plain yoghurt
- 3 small, or 2 large eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius, and grease or line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, place all dry ingredients – flour, oats, baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, yoghurt and oil, then stir through the banana.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon into a greased muffin pan, top with rolled oats if desired.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.