Green smoothies are great for detoxification and reducing inflammation in the body. Don’t give up if it doesn’t work well the first time, you may need to play with the ingredients to get it right for your taste.
In a blender, place:
- 2 handfuls of any green leafies – baby spinach, mesculin lettuce, romaine lettuce, rocket, silverbeet, watercress…
- 1 – 3 pieces of fruit – banana, pawpaw, kiwifruit, peaches, apricots, pineapple, berries etc.
- A little water to make desired consistency.
Simply blend until super smooth and drink!
To get more out of your green smoothie, consider adding any of the following:
- Spirulina – full of mineral and vitamins
- LSA – for omega 3, fibre, minerals and protein
- Flaxseed oil – for Omega 3
- Lecithin – good for brain health and absorption of your good fats