https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipes-Chicken-Peach-Salad1.jpg 133 145 Katherine Maslen http://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png Katherine Maslen2013-09-18 06:20:232017-05-11 09:06:36Chicken Peach and Macadamia Salad
- 600g organic or free range chicken breast
- 1 orange
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3tbsp macadamia oil
- 2 large ripe peaches
- 1 small red onion
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
Juice orange and place 1/3 of the juice in a bowl with 1tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp macadamia oil to make a marinade.
- Slice chicken breasts in half or thirds through the middle, leaving you with large 2-3cm thick slabs of chicken. Place in marinade and leave for at least 1 hour.
- In a food processor or using a knife and chopping board, process macadamias in small pieces.
- Place chicken on a preheated BBQ or grill plate. Cook for 4 minutes, turn and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cut red onion in half and slice into very fine strips. Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slice peaches in half and remove the stone. Gently slice into thin wedges.
- In a large bowl place rocket, onion, tomatoes, macadamia, peaches and remaining orange juice, oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Remove chicken from grill and slice into strips. Add to salad, toss gently and serve immediately.
- Try substituting orange for pomegranate juice
- Also works well with mango