This is a healthy dessert, or sweet snack. Rice milk is available from the supermarket, either fresh or long life section.
This can be served with some organic cream or yoghurt if desired. Sprinkle fresh berries over the top for those beneficial antioxidants!
- 4 apples
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Peel apples and remove center core with an apple corer.
- Mix tahini, dates and almonds together in a small bowl.
- Place each apple onto a piece of aluminium foil and gently fill each apple with tahini mixture.
- Place 2 tbsps of rice milk and 1 tsp maple syrup around the base of each apple.
- Place water into a baking dish.
- Fold aluminium foil around apple and place into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove aluminium foil and place apple and any juice into individual bowls and serve.