https://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipes-Apple1.jpg 118 135 Katherine Maslen http://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png Katherine Maslen2013-09-18 07:19:252017-05-11 08:52:10Apple and Cinnamon Toasted Muesli
This muesli is delicious and healthy, being free of sugar, additives and preservatives.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups puffed millet
- 2 cups puffed amaranth
- 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil, or coconut oil
- 11/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius.
- In a large baking dish, mix oats, millet and amaranth.
- Combine apple juice concentrate, oil and cinnamon and mix well.
- Drizzle the apple juice concentrate mix over the grains. Use a spoon to mix the grains and liquid until the grain mix is evenly coated without clumps.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 mintues.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Add seeds and nuts.
- Once completely cool transfer into an airtight glass jar.