This meal is very high in protein so is beneficial for weight loss. Adding some other steamed vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts and beans can help to make this a complete meal.
- 250g lean lamb mince (preferably organic)
- I onion, finely chopped
- I tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 50ml rice, oat or Bonsoy milk
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
- Put the lamb, onions, herbs, spices, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until thoroughly combined. If you do not have a food processor, chop ingredients as finely as you can and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions, and using wet hands shape each portion into a sausage shape around a wooden skewer (you must soak wooden skewers in water for at least 2 hours prior to use to prevent burning). Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a griddling pan or barbecue (or heavy based saucepan) and brush with a little oil. Cook the skewers, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- For the chickpea mash, heat the oil in saucepan and gently fry garlic for 2 minutes. Add the chickpeas and milk and heat through for a few minutes. Transfer into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper and stir through fresh coriander.
- Serve the koftas with mash and steamed green veggies on the side.