http://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png 0 0 Katherine Maslen http://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png Katherine Maslen2013-09-18 06:39:192017-05-11 09:12:53Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 small pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, roughly chopped
- top half of a whole celery, roughly chopped
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1tbsp coconut or rice bran oil
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/2 cup split red lentils
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaf, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 5cm piece fresh ginger,chopped finely
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Celtic or Himalayan sea salt, to taste (about 1 1/2 tsp)
- coconut milk & coriander leaf
- In a large saucepan,place oil, onion, ginger, chilli and spices. Saute` until soft and aromatic.
- Add remaining ingredients and enough water to cover completely.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on, or until barley is tender.
- Turn stove off and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a stainless steel stick blender, carefully blend soup to a smooth consistency.
- Add more water if required. NB: Once you have blended the barley will thicken the soup further.
- Place soup in bowls and top with a splash of coconut milk and some chopped coriander.