http://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png 0 0 Katherine Maslen http://naturopathbrisbane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logoHeader-1.png Katherine Maslen2013-09-18 07:32:022017-05-11 08:47:19Wheat and Dairy Free Banana and Carrot Cake Recipe
Try this delicious and healthy banana and carrot cake recipe. It is wheat, sugar and dairy free, so great for digestive health, detoxing or just as a healthy snack!
- 1 1/2 cups rye or spelt flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup macadamia, coconut or rice bran oil
- 1/2 cup xylitol or honey
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (around 3 large bananas)
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup grated carrot (around 3 medium carrots)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine banana, oil, xylitol/honey and eggs, beating together well.
- Add liquid mix to flour mix and combine well.
- Stir in oats, walnuts and oats. Combine well.
- Spread into a greased cake tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until you can stick a skewer in the middle and it comes out clean.