Try these recipes to help fight the flu this winter!
Honey, lemon and ginger drink
Yes, an oldie but a goodie. For best results, stir the honey through once the drink is slightly cooled.
- 1/2 lemon
- 5 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp of honey
Cut lemon into pieces, put in a mug and crush slightly to release the juice. Add sliced ginger and pour boiled water over the top. Add honey last when cool.
Sore throat tea and gargle
- Steep 1 tsp fresh or dried sage in one cup of hot water.
- Once slightly cooled add honey and 1/2 tsp slippery elm.
- Sip on the tea, gargling occasionally.
Immune boosting smoothie
High in vitamin C and bioflavonoids, this smoothie is both nutritious and delicious!
In a blender put:
- a handful of blueberries
- a handful of raspberries
- 1/4 red paw paw – chopped
- 1 kiwifruit – skin on
- the juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
- a little extra water
- a handful of ice
- 1 tsp or 1 broken capsule of probiotics (optional)
Blend until smooth
- Add water until desired consistency.
- Drink immediately.
For more information about colds and influenza, click here.